Heavy Vehicle Management
NACOE projects within the Heavy Vehicle Management discipline have achieved significant benefits to the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads by assisting with capability development and fostering of partnerships across the organisations.
These projects drive transport efficiency, reduce demand for infrastructure upgrading and save lives on our roads.
Projects within the Heavy Vehicle Management discipline are investigating ways to:
• reduce the road toll
• drive freight efficiency
• improve network efficiency
• improve access
The Heavy Vehicle Management program has a strong focus on collaborating with industry to ensure implementation.
- Assessing the potential greenhouse gas emissions reductions and sustainability benefits of innovative pavement solutions
- Evaluating the moisture susceptibility of lightly bound cement layers
- Introducing EME2 to Queensland: Reducing the thickness of full-depth asphalt pavements
- Recycled car tyre rubber in spray seals and asphalt
- Stabilisation practices in Queensland