The Pavements program represents the largest proportion of the NACOE program, with roughly half the total projects and half the total investment. This program comprises of a number of sub-programs, including asphalt, unbound granular and marginal materials, stabilised / modified pavements, surfacing and a number of technology projects.
The Pavements program has the potential to deliver very significant cost savings compared to current practices, allowing for more road projects to be constructed.
The Pavements program has a strong focus on collaborating with industry to ensure implementation.
- Assessing the potential greenhouse gas emissions reductions and sustainability benefits of innovative pavement solutions
- Evaluating the moisture susceptibility of lightly bound cement layers
- Introducing EME2 to Queensland: Reducing the thickness of full-depth asphalt pavements
- Recycled car tyre rubber in spray seals and asphalt
- Stabilisation practices in Queensland